1) Crazy Sam's mom and dad still talk about how exciting it was to see Sinatra in Vegas! What music did/do your parents enjoy?
Even though they were both singing in a choir and my father was a conductor, my mom didn't have a special interest in music.
My father liked a lot, as long as it sounded well.
2) We all know Sinatra sang, and he won an Oscar for his acting. But he also painted and was proud to sell a few canvasses anonymously (signed "Artanis"). Do you have a secret talent?
Yes, I think so. It's not really secret.
3) Those close to Sinatra maintained that every time he sang,"In the Wee Small Hours" (hear him perform it live here) he conjured up how it felt to lose his great love. Have you ever had your heart broken?
I think it's not about being your heart broken, but how you deal with it. Do you take the victim role or do you learn and move on?
4) In 1966, when he was 50, Sinatra married 21 year old Mia Farrow. Their union lasted less than two years. Do you think a wide age gap necessarily dooms a romantic relationship?
No, I don't think so. But younger people tend to have more radical ideas and this might lead to discussions that put people further away from each other than necessary.
5) Offstage Sinatra wore orange sweaters and liked seeing orange throw pillows in his home and dressing room because he believed "orange is the happiest color." What color raises your spirits?
Any colour that's bright. It has changed during ny life. Now I like bright pink. I don't wear it. But it's a nice colour for a good mood.
6) Frank and his loyal buddies were famously known as "The Rat Pack." How many people do you consider close friends?
I think my time has yet to come.
7) Sinatra's children followed their father into show business. What advice would you give a young person entering your career of choice?
One does and I told her all the ins and outs. The way people deal with wanting to be on top, the cheating, bad mouthing and the whole lot. Beng into show business requests a certain frame of mind. She's all set for performance, but doesn't want to know about back stage life. As she is a person who wants to experience things herself...
8) Legend has it that Frank was embarrassed by a scar on his face (received at birth from the forceps used in his delivery) and worked hard to cover it. Do you have a physical characteristic that you try to hide?
9) In 1964, when he first heard The Beatles, Sinatra was very dismissive. By 1970, he called the Beatles' "Something" one of the most beautiful ballads ever. Tell us about something you changed your mind about.
Work. I now would take anything to realise my dream. Including sheep farming.
Never thought that would happen. Animals were a nono.
Want to take part too?
Click the logo.
Logo made by me with photo from Mirna.