1. Who or what bores you enough to mentally drift away?
The meetings at the paper. They're so boring that I use every excuse not to go. And that saves money too.
2. How many members of your family not living with you do you see on during the holidays?
I alwyas see them all as they like to come home.
3. When spending time with family, how long after you arrive do you begin to feel "antsy" about being there too long?
Depends and where I am, but I don't feel antsy often.
4. Does your family more generally get along at a holiday gathering or are there generally arguments?
We get along very well and we always have enough to talk about and enough to do. As most of us like to cook and to eat, people are never bored.
5. Are you ever embarrassed by your family around friends?
Oh yes, with so many with autism spectrum, but with friends... no, not often, as friends know us well enough not to be disturbed.
6. Of the celebrities that died in 2011, who will you miss the most?
I wanted to say Ramses Shaffy, but he´died in 2009.
7. When you watch a movie in a movie theater, do you like the theater filled to capacity, halfway full, or nearly empty? Does your answer change depending on the type of movie you're seeing or do you feel the same way regardless of the movie or genre?
I never like a crowded one, because I can´t leave my legs anywhere. The person behind me would have the same problems in a crowded movie theatre, so I would be bothered by his knees in my back. Well, I never go to the movie theatre anyway, it´s too expensive.
8. What’s one really cool/useful/nice thing you purchased for yourself this year?
9. Are you in the holiday spirit yet?
We were in Germany for the groceries and the shops were rather nice. I bought a few small angels for under the tree. I think I´ll get the christmasstuff from the attick tomorrow or monday.
Want to read more entries? Or join us? Click the logo.
Logo made by me with tubes from Outlaw by Design. It's permitted to download it to your own computer and upload it to your site. Please don´t direct link, as it slows down my site. I´ll change the link regularly so you´re left with an empty space or a red warning sign. Please credit properly.
Here you'll find impressions of my life as a mother of a few children with autism spectrum disorder and a person with heartfailure, some critical reviews of what going on in the world, including medical issues and political subjects. And everything else that keeps me busy.
I'm very honest about my experiences with autism, because only that way I can show how much of a struggle daily life with autism can be.
A series of posts
about lack of knowledge,
lack of concensus between disciplines
and the need for a formal diagnosis
with a psychiatric label
to get support for a unique individual
autism and (no) school.
One of our true autism stories Click the image.
Comments on this blog are made DOFOLLOW for the Google Spiders.
Comments are moderated.
Spam will not be tolerated.
Anonymous reactions will be removed.
Comments linking to sites with pornography, abuse or other content in conflict with my moral standards
will be removed.
Don't comment on my english
when you can't write my Dutch.